Title: HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS -- BOOK REVIEW
After a miserable summer with his Muggle aunt and uncle, the Dursley's, Harry is more than ready to return to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. On his birthday, Harry has a strange supernatural visitor, a house elf named Dobby, who implores him not to go back to school because the situation there is too dangerous. Not long after that, Harry is rescued from the Dursleys by Ron Weasley and his brothers, who have 'borrowed' their father's flying car. [Once again, we see that, even in the Muggles world of non-magic, Harry Potter experiences contact with a demon from the supernatural world; also, the Muggles world is painted as being so moronic, so boring, and so lifeless that Harry has to be "rescued" by a dramatic middle-of-the-night rescue using an old car that Mr. Weasley had bewitched to make it fly]
It is revealed that the powers of evil Lord Voldemort had been "destroyed the instant he had failed to kill Harry". [p. 4] Once again, Rowling has a good understanding of Witchcraft. When a curse fails to affect the victim as it was intended, the curse rebounds back upon the witch who had given it. In this case, the killing curse which the Black Magick Wizard, Lord Voldemort, had cast upon Harry and his parents rebounded back against Voldemort when it failed to kill Harry.
Back at school, Harry and his friends settle into their classes, including Defense Against the Dark Arts with a new professor, Gilderoy Lockhart. Harry suddenly begins to hear a strange voice that no one else seems to hear. Soon other frightening events begin to occur:
1. Nasty threatening messages appear on walls
2. A cat and a student are attacked and petrified
3. The Chamber of Secrets is opened, with great threats emanating from the announcement and even greater fear among the students. Legend: "Slytherin … sealed the Chamber of Secrets so that none would be able to open it until his own true heir arrived at the school. The heir alone would be able to unseal the Chamber of Secrets, unleash the horror within, and use it to purge the school of all who were unworthy to study magic." [p. 151] The monster in the Chamber is one "which the Heir of Slytherin alone can control". [p. 151]
For a reason not initially understood, only Harry can hear this voice; later, it is revealed that only he can speak the language of the serpents. Rowling gives this capability the word 'Parselmouth' [p. 195]. This ability is very rare, and the person possessing it is greatly feared because it means he is practicing the highest of Black Magick Witchcraft.
4. Fear occurs among the other schools that the Black Magick house, Slytherin, will strike against the Muggle-born students. Students are so terrified they begin to accumulate all sorts of amulets and protective devices to protect them against this terrible evil, thus conditioning millions of kids that this forbidden practice is the action to be taken when a person feels threatened with evil.
5. More students, including Hermione, Harry's favorite friend, are attacked and petrified
6. Hagrid, Harry's gigantic friend and the groundskeeper, is unjustly accused of the attacks and is imprisoned at Azakaban, the prison for witches and wizards.
7. Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts, is unjustly suspended
8. Harry and Ron finally figure out where the Chamber of Secrets is located, and how to enter it.
9. Harry confronts Evil Valdemort directly, slays the hideous green snake who is the monster of the Chamber of Secrets, and then uses powerful Black Magic to vanquish Lord Valdemort.
10. Harry is mightily aided by Dumbledore's Phoenix Bird, as the bird blinds the Basilisk Serpent so Harry can look upon him without being killed. This is a perfect occult picture of White Magic triumphing over Black Magick Witchcraft, of 'good triumphing over evil'.
11. School ends on a jubilant note, with Harry and Ron being given special awards
12. Harry is relieved to discover he is NOT the same type person as the evil Lord Valdemort; however, even though he does possess the same Black Magick potential as does Valdemort, he just decides not to use such power for evil [p. 199]. This is THE core belief by White Magic practitioners as constituting the dividing line between White and Black Magic, between Good and Evil.
13. The power of the Black Magick fraternity house, Slytherin, is totally broken at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Specific Areas of Note and Interest
I. Contact With The Supernatural World While In Muggle Reality
The Definition of a Muggle: not a drop of magical blood in their veins. The world of the Muggles is the Real World of human beings who live and work without using magic. In other words, this is the world you and your children inhabit. All Harry Potter books depict this natural world as being exceedingly boring, stupid, and inane. Like all occultists who have once tasted the Fantasy World of the occult, Harry and his friends simply cannot wait until they can escape back into their Fantasy Reality . [No, I did not use a contradiction of terms in this last sentence. to understand how an occultist views the worlds of Reality and Fantasy]
a. Dobby, a house-elf, comes to warn Harry not to return to Hogwarts because someone very bad and evil is enacting a plot against Harry's life. Dobby is a demonic Familiar Spirit . [Familiars are forbidden in Scripture -- Leviticus 20:6; 27 -- God's prescribed punishment is the Death Penalty]
b. Ghouls in the attic [p. 29]
c. Gnomes all over the garden [p. 37]
d. Talking Mirror [p. 42] Satanists view a mirror as a portal gateway through which they can pass into the realm of the supernatural, into their Fantasy World.
e. Family ghoul of the Weasleys who lived in Muggle World even though they were witches [p. 222] I find it highly disgusting that the Weasleys would have a "family ghoul" represented here like a family dog or cat. Do you know what a ghoul is? Dictionary Definition of a Ghoul: "1. One who delights in what is revolting, macabre, or loathsome. 2. A grave robber; 3. A malevolent [evil] ghost; an evil spirit … or demon who is supposed to plunder graves and feed on corpses ." Are you beginning to get a glimpse of the Satanic horror that is Harry Potter?
II. Contact With Supernatural Spirits While At Hogwart's School of Wizardry and Witchcraft
1. Spirits At Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
a. Nearly Headless Nick , the ghost of Gryffindor Tower -- dead, but killed in such a way that his neck was not completely severed. Celebrated his 500th "Deathday", and invited Harry and Ron to join them.
b. Peeves, the school's Poltergeist , "a grinning, airborne menace who lived to cause havoc and distress". [p. 126]
c. At Nearly Headless Nick's Deathday party, "hundreds of pearly-white translucent people" attended, all of them very dead.
d. Moaning Myrtle who possessed the Girls Bathroom so completely and violently that none of the students could use the bathroom. She is described as a "squat ghost of a girl". She thought of herself as Fat, Ugly, Miserable, Moaning, and Moping, Pimply [p. 135]
e. Wailing Widow [p. 135]
f. At Nick's Deathday party, a dozen ghost horses, each ridden by a headless horseman, performed for the party, including playing a game of Head Hockey with their severed heads [p. 136]
g. Chameleon Ghouls [p. 184]
As you can readily see, hardly a day goes by at Hogwarts that some contact isn't made with a supernatural demonic being. Such contact is the norm.
III. Colors are extremely important to the occultist, as they depict certain realities within the spirit world. Rowling consistently uses colors to depict certain events and/or certain realities. Remember that Satan's favorite color is green, or variations thereof.
a. Emerald Green
1. Color of fire produced when Floo Traveling Powder was added to fire. Floo powder allowed wizards and witches to step into the Fantasy dimension to travel to whichever location they desire.
2. Wall in Chamber of Secrets had two huge intertwined serpents carved with eyes of "glinting emeralds". [p. 304]
b. Green -- Satan's favorite color -- typified by copper, Satan's favorite metal because it is bright and shiny on the surface, while soft and corruptible inside. When subjected to the outside elements, it turns green; therefore, copper has been the favorite of occultists the world over.
1. Boil caused by wand against a professor were a hideous green [p. 104]
2. Robes of Slytherin Fraternity House, the Black Magick House [p 110] Since the House of Slytherin blatantly serves Satan and practices his Black Magick Witchcraft, I find it highly significant that the robes of the Slytherin fraternity are green.
3. Light caused by Ron's wand as he attempted to throw a curse against an enemy. Curse backfired against Ron, causing him to start throwing up loathsome slugs, for hours. [p. 112-115]
4. An evil-smelling green onion was bought by one of the students as a protective device against evil Valdemort and the monster of the Chamber of Secrets [p. 185]
5. Greenish smoke hovered over the scene after a battle between two student witches [p. 192]
6. Harry Potter's eyes are "green as a freshly pickled toad". [p 238]
7. Color of the King Serpent in the Chamber of Secrets [p. 303] Described as "poisonous green" as it began to attack Harry p. 318]
8. Chamber of Secrets was filled with a "greenish gloom that filled the place". Sounds like a mist or a fog, and it was green [p. 306]
c. Aquamarine -- defined as "pale blue to greenish blue" -- Symbolizes tranquility, understanding, patience, health -- Robes of Gilderoy Lockhart, the professor of Defense Against The Black Arts
d. Blue -- Light Blue signifies tranquility, understanding, patience, and health -- eyes of Witches and Wizards were colored light blue.
1. Forget-me-not blue of Gilderoy Lockhart, Defense Against Dark Arts Teacher [p. 59]
2. Light-blue Color of the eyes of Headmaster Dumbledore [p. 208; 262]
e. Turquoise -- defined as "blue to blue-green" -- indicates Impulsiveness, depression, changeability to the Satanist --- Robes of Lockhart [p. 89]
f. Scarlet -- Defined as strong to vivid red or reddish orange, thought to be a color of strength, health, vigor, sexual love, to the Satanist -- Robes of students and teachers were consistently depicted as being scarlet.
g. Lilac -- Color of the blot caused by Harry's panic, which appeared on the envelope Harry was addressing when he was startled by a venomous voice; this voice later turned out to be the voice of the monster of the Chamber of Secrets. A cold, murderous voice, "rip … tear … kill … so hungry for so long … time to kill … I smell blood … I SMELL BLOOD " [p. 120, 137].
h. Yellow -- eyes of King Serpent in the Chamber of Secrets was yellow - p. 299
i. Gray -- Signifies cancellation and stalemate -- eyes of evil Voldemort
IV. Magic Spells, Potions, and Tricks -- Most of the spells, potions, and tricks in this book are really performed by Satanists, but they require either a high level of demonic possession or a human sacrifice , something no one tells the reader of Harry Potter books. As a general rule, any spell that transforms reality requires either a human sacrifice or a high level of demonic possession.
a. Hover Charm -- allowing Dobby the Familiar Spirit to levitate a huge pudding cake of Aunt Petunias. [p. 18-19] House-elves have powerful magic. [p. 28]
b. Freezing Charm -- freezes pixies so they could be caged [p. 103]
c. Engorgement Charm -- [p. 118]
d. Entrancing Enchantments [p. 236]
e. Memory Charm -- so that a person would forget their memories [p. 324]
f. Enchanting an old car so it would fly [p. 24-41]
g. Transfiguration [p. 62]
h. Conjuring up all meals rather than fixing food the regular way [p. 65]
i. Mandrake, or Mandragora -- a powerful restorative, used to restore people who have been transfigured or cursed, back to their original state. [p. 92-93] Since the root of a Mandrake Plant is depicted as a human baby that grows to late teens before the plant comes to maturity, when the root of Mandrake is cut up and stewed to make the Restorative Potion, Rowling has just described human sacrifice !
j. Babbling Curse [p. 161]
k. Homorphous Charm [p. 162] Transformed a werewolf back into a man
l. Venomous Tentacula -- sharp teeth [p. 93]
m. Transmogrifian Torture [p. 141] Used to kill Mrs. Norris, the caretaker's cat
n. Conjuring Up portable, water-proof fires [p. 183]
o. Spell to light the corridor with sudden flaming light [p. 247]
p. Swelling Solution [p. 187]
q. Tickling Charm [p. 192]
r. Putting a charm around the hen coop [p. 201]
s. Professor McGonagall conjured a large fan out of thin air, which she gave to Ernie with instructions to waft Nearly Headless Nick up the stairs". [p204]
t. Ceiling inside the main building of Hogwarts was "bewitched" so that it looked exactly as the conditions outside, giving the impression that there was no roof, that you were looking straight up into the heavens.
u. Enchanted snow was falling on Christmas Eve [p. 212]
v. Magic Diary -- Pages were blank. When Harry wrote in it, his writing would disappear; however, a few moments later, the diary would begin writing, communicating back to Harry! [p. 240] Then, the being writing through the diary revealed that he could take Harry into the memory of what had happened in the Chamber of Secrets 50 years before. [p. 241]
w. Changing people into animals and back again
1. Changing people into fruit bats [p. 22]
2. Changing a friend into a badger [p. 198]
a. Polyjuice Potion -- designed to turn someone into an exact copy of another for the purpose of deception [p. 159]
b. Love Potion [p. 236]
VI. Rowling consistently depicts Satanism correctly , as these illustrations, below, demonstrate.
a. Astral Projection -- Defined: "Leaving the physical body and traveling to another location or reality" [New Age Dictionary]. Potter: "They don't need the car!" said Ron impatiently. "They know how to Apparate! You know, just vanish and reappear at home!" [p. 69]
Once Harry had given the person behind the magic diary -- Tom Riddle -- permission to take him back into Riddle's memory of the Chamber of Secrets 50 years before, Harry feels himself going into Astral Projection. "… before he knew what was happening, he felt his body leave his bed and he was pitched headfirst through the opening in the page, into a whirl of color and shadow." [p. 242]
b. Curses thrown can backfire and when it does, it comes right back against the witch or wizard who threw it in the first place [p. 113] This really happens in Witchcraft.
c. Use of amulets to protect people from curses [p. 142]
d. Black Magic is defined as using the forces of the occult for evil purposes; White Magic is defined as using the forces of the occult for good purposes; in the story, Professor Binns says, "Just because a wizard doesn't use Dark Magic doesn't mean he can't." [p. 152] At any time, White Magic occultists believe a person can switch from the White side to the Dark side. New Age authors have expressed their fear that the New Age Christ will become so corrupted with the immense global powers he has received, he will turn to the Dark Side and become Antichrist.
e. Spells that are designed for good are cast on the night of the Full Moon. In fact, any good action should be taken on the night of the Full Moon. In this story, one of the ingredients of the Polyjuice Potion was fluxweed. Hermione said that fluxweed had to be picked at the Full Moon. Further. Fluxweed needed to be stewed in 21 days; the number 21 was 7 x 3, an important number.
f. Occultists seek protection from "evil" spirits by amulets, talismans, and other devices. In this story, students frightened by the fact that the Chamber of Secrets had been opened, resulting in the near-death of a number of students, bought a great number of amulets, talismans, and other devices, even a very strong smelling green onion, and purple crystals.
g. Speaking to snakes -- Called Parselmouth in Chamber of Secrets -- p. 195. Certain Black Magick practitioners, very powerful and "gifted", do talk to snakes. Communicating with snakes is 'the mark of a Dark wizard'. [p. 199]
h. Invisibility Cloak [p. 259] -- Satanists do believe that they can put on a piece of clothing upon which they have worked a spell, and it will make them invisible.
i. Monster in the Chamber of Secrets is presented as the most evil, most powerful and most to be feared, creature on the planet. This monster turns out to be the King of Serpents; to represent this kind of serpent, Rowling chooses the Basilisk Serpent, the most evil and powerful in Satanism. Further, Rowling gets the detail correct that any being who looks in the eyes of the Basilisk will die. The Basilisk Serpent is also pictured as having a crown upon his head, thus the title Rowling gives it is correct -- King of Serpents .
Basilisk is also depicted as devouring a human being. This is exactly what was going to happen to Ginny in the Chamber of Secrets unless Harry could get her out, and what was going to happen to all Muggle witch students on campus.
Harry is captured by a spider-like creature that has the following characteristics:
1. Has 8 spider legs that are long, black and hairy. The two front legs are pincers
2. Had face with eight eyes and a mouth that talked
3. Possessed human intelligence, enabling it to speak English
4. Was part of a huge colony of spiders of different sizes, who were organized so that they had a King over them.
5. The King was the size of a small elephant
6. The King possessed the human emotion, 'concern', about Harry p275-9.
The inspiration for this composite being -- part spider, part man, and a King -- seemed to have been drawn from this Demon, Baal, in Witchcraft and Alchemy.
k. Centaur -- p. 269 -- "One of a race of monsters, born of Ixion, having the head, arms, and trunk of a man, and the body and legs of a horse. For the ancient Greeks, the centaurs represented lawlessness, animal passions, and barbarism. They were often pictured being ridden by Eros, the god of Erotic Love , an allusion to their amorous nature." [Tormont Webster's Illustrated Encyclopedic Dictionary, p. 290] In this book, Centaurs are depicted as the 'good guys', helping Harry Potter. Centaurs live in the Forbidden Forest.
In book one, Sorcerer's Stone, Centaurs save Harry Potter's life when he discovers someone very evil has killed a unicorn and is drinking his blood. By the way, the symbolism of this heinous act is unbelievable. First, God forbade the drinking of blood [Leviticus 17:11-14], under the penalty of Death. Secondly, the unicorn is the occult symbol of Antichrist. When a Black Magick Witch is depicted as drinking the blood of a unicorn, he is symbolizing that he must draw his life from the blood essence of Antichrist . This message is precisely what Antichrist will be preaching when he arises, i.e., that people cannot survive without him, that they must draw their life essence from him.
Jesus Christ made essentially the same statement: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." [John 6:53-56] Therefore, in a most blasphemous manner, Rowling depicts a Satanic parallel belief to this statement from Jesus Christ.
l. Phoenix Bird definition is precisely what Satanists believe:
1. Lives for a long time and then deliberately cause their own death
2. They burst into flames the moment they die, and their bodies are reduced to mere pile of ashes.
3. A new Phoenix Bird arises out of the ashes. Illuminists depict the New World Order of Antichrist as a Phoenix Bird arising out of the ashes of the totally destroyed existing order; in other words, they plan to destroy this old system so their new system can arise.
m. Soul-power transfer until complete life-energy is depleted -- Eliphas Levi, The History of Magic , p. 72] Evil Lord Voldemort had captured Ginny Weasley's soul and was draining it of all its life-energy, or life-fluid, so that he could get stronger and stronger, regaining the power he had possessed before he failed to kill baby Harry Potter. Rowling gets her Satanism correct in understanding this very secret belief of the Adepts of Satanism.
Listen to the description of this belief by the exceedingly evil Eliphas Levi: "Occult science maintains that if unchecked, thought-formed astral entities are drawn by the life-force of the creator ... drinking his spiritual energies with unholy gusto, until complete depletion of life-fluid takes place ... Psychic attack is first signaled by a general state of hypersensitivity, followed by a strangely oriented sense of awareness which increases as the victim unconsciously aligns his mental process with those of his uninvited soul-mate ... a soul ensnared by the forces of evil." [p. 72]
This is exactly the scenario which Rowling depicted in Chamber of Secrets, as evil Lord Voldemort began to ensnare the soul of Ginny Weasley, until he began to drink her life-fluid with "unholy gusto" in order to build his soul strength back to normal levels. Rowling got her Witchcraft correct!
Furthermore, this is exceedingly obscure Witchcraft, which means Rowling is even more Adept in her understanding of Witchcraft than we originally thought!
n. Lord Voldemort used an Anagram to protect his identity. "Tom Marvolor Riddle" spelled "I Am Lord Voldemort". Satanists extensively use Anagrams to protect their secrets. [p. 314]
o. Demon possession -- Lord Voldemort's spirit possessed Ginny Weasley, by Ginny's own admission [p. 323] Furthermore, as we stated, above, demonic possession is necessary to achieve the spells, potions, and transformations depicted in these Harry Potter books. This entire subject has so far been downplayed in the first three Harry Potter books; however, since Rowling said that she had every intention of making the last three books of the series progressively darker, we can only assume that, perhaps, the controversial subject of demonic possession will come up in these later plots.
Please remember this fact about how a Satanist views demonic possession -- they consider possession to be a very positive thing, and seek it greatly. They serve Lord Satan, not the Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore just as a Christian will pray the Holy Spirit to possess them and take control over them, so does the Satanist pray the same prayer to Lord Satan. In fact, the way in which a Satanist gets really powerful is to draw into himself or herself the greatest number of demons possible. This possession is the power that makes a Witch or Wizard more powerful. The Bible depicts this type of demonic possession in Mark 5:1-9]
p. Phoenix Bird saved Harry Potter from death at the hands of the monster, the King of Serpents [p. 324-5] The Serpent is the symbol of Satan, and the Phoenix Bird is a symbol of The Christ [Antichrist]. White Magic practitioners believe that The New Age Christ will arise to take control of the world and save it. Because The Christ will practice Lucifer's White Magic Witchcraft, he will save the world from the Black Magick of Satan. Thus, the symbolism of Harry being saved from Satan [Serpent] by the Phoenix Bird [The Christ] is a perfect illustration of the belief of a White Magic occultist. They believe the Serpent [Antichrist/Satan] will arise, trying to take control of the world but will be thwarted by the Phoenix Bird [The Christ]. Harry Potter is perfectly conditioning your children!
q. Definition of Reality and Fantasy in the World of a Satanist
1. Both worlds are real, existing side by side in parallel . Fantasy is the world to which a Satanist seeks constant access, a world filled with exciting adventures with magic awaiting them at every step. A Satanist will consider his fantasy world to be more exciting, more fulfilling, than his real world. This is why Harry says to Dobby after Dobby tells him not to return to school: "But I've got to go back … It's all that's keeping me going. You don't know what it's like here. I don't belong here. I belong in your world -- at Hogwarts." [p. 16]
2. Definition of 'Supernatural' -- "Of or pertaining to existing outside the natural world; especially not attributable to natural forces." [Tormonts Illustrated Encyclopedic Dictionary] Therefore, all activities in the occult Fantasy World are 'supernatural'. Thus, Chuck Colson's firm assurance to Christian parents that Harry Potter books are all right because "no contact is made with the supernatural" world is shown to be patently and boldly false!
3. Hogwarts School Exists In Fantasy World --"Harry had caught the Hogwarts Express the previous year. The tricky part was getting onto platform nine and three-quarters, which wasn't visible to the Muggle eye. What you had to do was walk through the solid barrier dividing platforms nine and ten. It didn't hurt, but it had to be done carefully so that none of the Muggles noticed you vanishing. [p. 67] This is one of the portals these witches and wizards used to step into the Fantasy World. ALL of the activities at Hogwarts School occurred in the Fantasy -- Supernatural -- realm!
r. List of Books a Second-Year Student Will Require [p. 43-44]
1. The Standard Book of Spells , Grade 2
2. Break With A Banshee - Dictionary Definition of a Banshee: "A female spirit in Gaelic folklore [Witchcraft] believed to presage a death in the family by wailing outside the house."
3. Gadding With Ghouls - Dictionary Definition of a Ghoul: "1. One who delights in what is revolting, macabre, or loathsome. 2. A grave robber; 3. A malevolent [evil] ghost; an evil spirit … or demon who is supposed to plunder graves and feed on corpses." The word, "gadding", once defined, casts even more revealing light upon the truth of Harry Potter. The dictionary definition is "to roam about aimlessly or restlessly; to go about in search of pleasure or entertainment." Therefore, Harry Potter and his friends were in Hogwarts school to learn how to "roam about restlessly in search of pleasure or entertainment in the company of demons who plunder graves and feast on the corpses."!
This is the overall theme of the entire Harry Potter books, and Christians are supposed to allow their children to read this stuff?
4. Holidays With Hags - Dictionary Definition: "An old woman who is repulsive in appearance of manner; a crone; a witch, a sorceress; a female demon ."
5. Travels With Trolls - Dictionary Definition: "A supernatural creature … variously portrayed as a friendly, mischievous dwarf or a dangerous giant that lives in caves, in the hills, or under bridges."
6. Voyages With Vampires - Dictionary Definition of a vampire: "... a reanimated corpse that rises from the grave at night to bite and then suck the blood of sleeping persons." Therefore, Harry Potter and his schoolmates at Hogwarts are attending a class that will teach them to take voyages with such Satanic creatures as these!
7. Wanderings With Werewolves -- Dictionary Definition of a werewolf: "... a person transformed into a wolf or capable of assuming the form of a wolf." This transformation is not unique in Satanism, but it is done only at the highest levels of Witchcraft. Severe demonic possession is required. This procedure is also called "Shape-shifting ", and is done with demons that assume other forms than a wolf. If you have been paying attention, you have noticed several TV shows and movies that have depicted Shape-shifting: Roswell TV show, Werewolf with Jack Nicholson, American Werewolf in London, American Werewolf in Paris, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Teen Wolf with Michael J. Fox.
We are definitely being conditioned to accept beings that shape-shift, and Christians had better get prepared. I have been told by a former Illuminist that the people who will be manning the prisons and execution chambers of dissidents during the Tribulation Period will be shape-shifters that change from human to Reptilian. Let us only pray the Rapture occurs first.
8. Year With The Yeti -- Dictionary Definition: "Abominable Snowman"
s. Diagon Alley -- located in Fantasy World, where witches and wizards go to buy school supplies. While shopping for school supplies, Harry happens to walk into a Dark Arts Supply Shop. These are the things he saw for sale in this shop.
1. Glass case held a withered hand on a cushion, blood-stained pack of cards, and a staring glass eye. Evil masks, an assortment of human bones, and rusty, spiked instruments. [p. 48-50]
2. Shelf full of skulls [p. 50]
3. Poisons [p. 51]
4. Hangman's Rope [p. 52]
5. Cursed objects -- one sign on a magnificent necklace read: "Caution: Do Not Touch. Cursed -- Has Claimed The Lives of Nineteen Muggles To Date" [p. 52] Isn't it abominable that the story line of this Harry Potter actually has cursed objects for sale?
6. Gigantic Black Spiders [p. 53]
7. Shrunken human heads [p. 53]
8. Poisonous Candles [p. 53]
9. Barrel of Dragon Dung [p. 54] In various classes at Hogwarts School, we see Dragon Dung used a lot for a variety of uses.
10. Repellent for Flesh-Eating Slug [p. 55]
VII. Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft
1. Four Fraternity Houses
a. Slytherin -- "the house that had turned out more Dark witches and wizards than any other." [p. 77] "… being able to talk to snakes was what Salazar Slytherin was famous for. That's why the symbol of Slytherin is a serpent." [p. 196]
b. Gryffindor -- a White Magic Fraternity House
* Entrance was through a "Portrait Hole", an oil painting that comes alive to ask a password of the approaching student. Once the correct password is given, the oil painting swings open to admit the student.
* Harry Potter asked the bewitched Sorting Hat NOT to send him to Slytherin, so the Hat sent him to Gryffindor.
c. Hufflepuff -- White Magic Fraternity House
d. Ravenclaw -- White Magic Fraternity House
2. Classes Taught -- The curricula
b. Transfiguration [p. 94] Remember that any spell which modifies the real world is possible for a high-level witch, but only after a human sacrifice is made [Former Satanist]
c. Care of Magical Creatures [p. 130]
d. History of Magic, taught by a ghost, Professor Blinn [p. 148] The story line has it that Professor Blinn died one day teaching his class, as he was seated on a stool. His ghost got up and began teaching the class. From that moment on, the ghost of Professor Blinn taught the History of Magic class. This little detail from the story line communicates the wrong "life after death" scenario to a generation of kids already Biblically ignorant. Kids who do not know the Bible may likely believe that the party goes on after physical death, just as in Professor Blinn's case. Certainly, Rock groups such as The Grateful Dead portray that the party goes on after death; one of their symbols is a line of ghosts partying. Is this what you want your child to believe? The Bible says that "... as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." [Hebrews 9:27]
e. Divination [p. 252]. This practice is absolutely, completely forbidden by God Himself [Deuteronomy 18:10-13] Yet, Harry Potter and his friends are learning Divination.
f. Ancient Runes [p. 252] Definition: "divinatory system utilizing rune stones inscribed with a letter from the Viking alphabet" -- New Age Dictionary. Once again, your children are being taught another system of Divination.
Most classes taught in dungeons and some professor's offices are down there also. Throughout the Harry Potter books, I found a general atmosphere guaranteed to bring shivers up and down your spine, and gloom upon your mind, as you will see, below. I could not find much of anything uplifting and edifying to one's soul and mind. Can you imagine how gloomy a student would come to feel if their classes were held in old torture dungeons? Can you imagine how terrifying and gloomy a professor would come to feel if he had to spend his entire school existence in a dungeon? With his office AND his classroom in the dungeon, the teacher's entire day would be spent in this gloomy place.
3. Attitudes, Values, and Emotions -- Gloom and Doom are the predominate emotions of the Harry Potter books. Consider these examples:
a. "Voice to chill the bone marrow, a voice of breathtaking, ice-cold venom. 'Come to me, Let me rip you … Let me tear you, let me kill you " [p. 120]
b. Students could be put into detention for "looking happy" [p. 146] Christian parents want their children to be happy, contented, and well-adjusted. Can you imagine the horror of a school where students are put into detention for "looking happy"?
c. "It was the gloomiest, most depressing bathroom Harry had ever set foot in." [p. 155] This description is of the girl's bathroom that no one has been able to use for years because it is possessed by Moaning Myrtle, the spirit of a girl student murdered in that bathroom some 50 years prior. Moaning Myrtle is one of the several Familiar Spirits inhabiting Hogwarts School.
d. "My life was nothing but misery at this place, and now people come along ruining my death." [Moaning Myrtle, p. 156] Many students at Hogwarts School seem to share Myrtle's assessment of what it was like to attend classes there. Yet, you want your child to enjoy Harry Potter and want to be like him? This kind of mental nourishment will go a long way to ruining your child's outlook on life and moving him or her away from the Christian values you hold so dearly.
e. Harry and his friends broke over 50 school rules, because the goal for which they were seeking was so valuable and important [p. 159]. This is Illuminist and Communist philosophy: "The ends justify the means". In the same vein, Hermione deliberately stole several of the ingredients to make the Polyjuice Potion.
f. "Fear had spread as never before …" [p. 265]
g. "Atmosphere of terror and suspicion" [p. 266]
h. "His face was livid with terror" [p. 275]
i. '… scared look on her face …" [p. 285]
j. " … a look of utter terror on his face." [p. 300]
In summary, I found this kind of general atmosphere throughout the entire story line, from beginning to end. If you want your child to wallow in this kind of mental muck and mire, and moral filth, then let them read Harry Potter; however, if you want them to be built up spiritually, and to desire to think on those things which are Godly, and good, and right, and just, and purifying, you will absolutely forbid your child to read Harry Potter.
4. Miscellaneous Disgusting Events
a. Student splattered frog brains all over the ceiling in Dungeon Five, in a class
b. Professor Filch's office was dingy, windowless, smelled like fried fish, and he had a highly polished collection of chains and manacles hung on the wall, with which he wanted to suspend students by their ankles from the ceiling [p. 125]
c. Favorite expression of Professor Filch when upset -- "Dung, great sizzling dragon bogies, frog brains, rate intestines ." [p. 126] Isn't this kind of filthy speech just horrible?
d. Food at Nearly Headless Nick's Deathday Party
* Large, rotten fish
* Maggoty haggis, a slab of cheese covered in furry green mold
* Gray cake in shape of a tombstone with tar-like icing
* Stinking Salmon
e. "Grisly sight" of the caretaker's cat, stiff as a board, petrified by the monster of the Chamber of Secrets . [p. 139]
f. Harry had to scrape tubeworms off the desks in Potions Class [p. 146]
g. The book illustrating the Polyjuice Potion show two illustrations: a man who had been turned inside out and a witch sprouting extra arms out of her head. [p 164]
h. Ingredients of Polyjuice Potion: [p. 165]
* Lacewing flies
* Powdered horn of a bicorn
* Shredded skin of a boomslang
* A piece of whomever they wanted to transform into
5. Occult Numbers Used In Story Plot
a. Eleven (11) -- Primary number to the occultist. Harry was admitted to Hogwarts School on his 11th birthday, thus ending his most terrible existence in the Muggles world.
b. Thirty-three (33) -- Triple intensification of 11. One of the most important numbers to the occultist. In this story, when Harry's arm bones needed to be regrown, the doctor witch said that he had "thirty-three bones to regrow". [p. 175]
c. Thirteen -- Universally adored in Satanism as the favorite number of Lord Satan, the number of depravity and rebellion.
* When Harry agreed to allow Riddle to take him back to Riddle's memories through his his diary, the day for June 13 suddenly "seemed to have turned into a miniscule television screen", through which Harry's body suddenly passed through. [p. 242] June is a most important month of the year to the Satanist. It contains the day of Summer Solstice, one of the eight High Holy Sabbats of Satanism; further, this day, 6/21, is the first day of a 13-day period of observance culminating on July 3.
* Hagrid's age was 13 when he got the Chamber of Secrets monster a leash and a collar [p. 249]
6. Illuminist Symbols
a. Phoenix Bird -- Noted above
b. Unicorn -- symbol of Antichrist [p. 269]
Not only does Rowling understand her witchcraft, she also understands the Illuminati very well. These two symbols are the most important to the Illuminati in terms of the staging of their Antichrist.
Everyone, adult as well as child, loves to copy, to emulate, their heroes. This fact is why you see so many men wearing a sportshirt of their favorite team; this fact is why so many Super Hero toys and costumes are sold every year.
When the fourth Harry Potter book, Goblet of Fire, was about to be introduced at Retail, people all over the world flocked to buy it; many bookstores organized Harry Potter parties, and encouraged youngsters of all ages to come to the party dressed in a costume described in one of the Potter books. Youngsters by the many thousands flocked to these parties, dressed in witches costumes. However, the most striking pictures I saw were of the youngsters who were standing in line to have the lightning bolt tattooed in the middle of their foreheads. These kids couldn't wait to have a Mark tattooed to their forehead in exactly the place the False Prophet is going to demand it be placed in a very short time. We fear that CONDITIONING to take the MARK OF THE BEAST is THE most important goal of the Harry Potter books.
The bottom line decision is yours about your children and Harry Potter. Are you going to follow Scripture to limit your child to taking into his or her mind that which is wholesome, pure, lovely, and of good report? Or, are you going to allow your child to go to Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, to discover -- among other things -- how to wander aimlessly with ghouls, plundering gravestones and eating the flesh of corpses?
What would Jesus have you do?
Truly, the entire population is being conditioned to accept the Black Magick values and attitudes of the coming Antichrist; Harry Potter is acting like the Pied Piper, leading the children away from the safety of their village to their deaths. The entire population of the world is being conditioned; this is a definite sign that we are exceedingly close to the End of the Age.
Are you spiritually ready? Is your family? Are you adequately protecting your loved ones? This is the reason for this ministry, to enable you to first understand the peril facing you, and then help you develop strategies to warn and protect your loved ones. Once you have been thoroughly trained, you can also use your knowledge as a means to open the door of discussion with an unsaved person. I have been able to use it many times, and have seen people come to Jesus Christ as a result. These perilous times are also a time when we can reach many souls for Jesus Christ, making an eternal difference.
If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, but have been very lukewarm in your spiritual walk with Him, you need to immediately ask Him for forgiveness and for renewal. He will instantly forgive you, and fill your heart with the joy of the Holy Spirit. Then, you need to begin a daily walk of prayer and personal Bible Study.
If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, but have come to realize His reality and the approaching End of the Age, and want to accept His FREE Gift of Eternal Life, you can also do so now, in the privacy of your home. Once you accept Him as Savior, you are spiritually Born Again, and are as assured of Heaven as if you were already there. Then, you can rest assured that the Kingdom of Antichrist will not touch you spiritually.